With great pleasure, we are announcing a very unique event – the first conference on Biochar in Poland: Biochar in Poland – science, technology, business 2016. This conference is organized in the response to growing interest in biochar in Poland among academia, industry and public administration. The idea of the conference orginates from the outcome of the project conducted by the Institute of Ceramics and Building Materials in Opole – E2BEBIS (Environmental and Economic BEnefits from BIochar ClusterS in the Central area).
The conference is organized by the Institute of Ceramics and Building Materials in Opole and the publisher of a specialized journal Biomasa and will be held on May 30-31, 2016 in Hotel NARVIL **** Conference & SPA in Serock near Warszawa, Poland.
The conference is addressed to academics, farmers, biochar producers, entrepreneurs and policy makers and will serve as a bridge between scientific world and emerging biochar industry in Poland.
This year, due to new legislation on sewage sludge management, special attention will be paid to the issues related to thermal conversion of sewage sludge into biochar and potential applications of sewage sludge derived biochars.
Topic of the conference:
- biochar redescovered
- legal and quality requirements of biochar
- feedstock requirements for biochar production
- technologies for biochar production
- biochar from sewage sludge – processing, properties and potential applications
- economic and environmental aspects of biochar production
- biochar industry in Europe – the state of the art and future prospects
- emerging biochar industry in Poland – future prospects
- biochar-based products
- innovative applications of biochar
The program of the conference includes lectures, presentations and posters sessions, and also demonstration of selected biochar production technologies.